Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to stop someone from copying my protected files

I protect my files after creating them, however that doesn't stop anyone from
being able to copy them or save them as another file name. I work hard on
the projects I have going on, so I don't want my time taken from others.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could restrict the read/write access with Information Rights
Management, click File, Permissions...

--
raypayette

raypayette's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29569
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=564994

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

i know that i can change the information rights, however i need the
information to be accessable to others. those others are not all people i
know. the other thing with information rights is that if i allow them to
view (which they need to be able to), that doesnt stop them from saving it
into another file.