Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need formula to figure out percentage of change for 5 years

I have an excel project that lists student hours for 5 seperate years then I
have an average column, my problem now is that I need to add a column with a
5 year percentage change. Does anyone know what formula I could use for this?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you elaborate a bit? you have 5 cells with student hours, 1 for each
year. you have a cell with the average of these cells. What are you wanting
to compare to get the percentage? the average divided by?

"klhering" wrote:

I have an excel project that lists student hours for 5 seperate years then I
have an average column, my problem now is that I need to add a column with a
5 year percentage change. Does anyone know what formula I could use for this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you just want the total change over the 5 years, it's:

(EndingHours - StartingHours) / StartingHours

So I don't understand what the separate column is for, because you would have
only one number as a result. Are you sure they are not asking for the change
from each year to year?

Fred

"klhering" wrote in message
I have an excel project that lists student hours for 5 seperate years then I
have an average column, my problem now is that I need to add a column with a
5 year percentage change. Does anyone know what formula I could use for this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Fred-thanks for the help--yes I just want the total change over the 5
years--so do you think I should use my average of the 5 years as my ending
hours and the first year listed as my starting hours?

Thanks
K.Hering