Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default F2 Key - Microsoft Digital Media Pro Keyboard

This might be the best forum for this question, but I'm hoping someone can
help. I just installed the subject keyboard, which has various functions
programmed for each function key. Undo is mapped to F2. Since I use F2 so
often in Excel to edit the cell formula, I wanted to remap the key as F2, but
I don't see anyway to do this using the customization software.

Does anyone either know how to do so, or know another way to invoke the
formula editor?

Thank you.

Sprinks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Sprinks

Do you have a F Lock key ?

Look on this site then
http://jtsang.mvps.org/flock-e.html

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Sprinks" wrote in message ...
This might be the best forum for this question, but I'm hoping someone can
help. I just installed the subject keyboard, which has various functions
programmed for each function key. Undo is mapped to F2. Since I use F2 so
often in Excel to edit the cell formula, I wanted to remap the key as F2, but
I don't see anyway to do this using the customization software.

Does anyone either know how to do so, or know another way to invoke the
formula editor?

Thank you.

Sprinks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If it weren't for Jason I would have thrown away the MM keyboard with its
F-lock.

Thank you Jason

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 18:07:43 +0200, "Ron de Bruin"
wrote:

Hi Sprinks

Do you have a F Lock key ?

Look on this site then
http://jtsang.mvps.org/flock-e.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I hear you. As I just posted in my rant to MS, it's another example of
ruining the offer of new functionality by ramming it down our throats rather
than giving us a choice.

I'd like to use some of the enhanced keys, but would like the option of
remapping some (F1, F2, etc.) to their original function. Can't do it with
the software, and Jason's solution just hobbles the keyboard. Why on earth
MS would make the enhanced state the default after applications including
their own have been using the function keys since the 80's, I'll never figure
out.

Sprinks