Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I find clearing items in a column in Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you give more info. What are you trying to do?

--
jetted
jetted's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17532

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Basically the gist of what I am trying to do is match up, for example:
insurance premiums with the amounts expensed. In excel there is a
column for amounts. Positive numbers are premiums going in and
negative ( ) numbers are expenses going out. For instance, say there
is a $100 premium and four expenses for $25 dollars coming out. Once
these expenses go in the sum of the premium and expenses is 0.
However, the excel I work on is much larger and tougher than the
example above. Sorting by text and different fields like that do not
always help because the text may be totally different. I basically
waste a ton of time trying to match expenses to premiums. I was just
curious if excel had any sort of functions or capability that would
allow me to select a column of amounts and have it pick out negative
amounts that may sum to 0 with premiums.

--
daclemen
daclemen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36707

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Do you mean something like the attach document?

Thanks
Densi

|Filename: Book5.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5086 |

jetted
jetted's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17532
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=564360

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have the same issue as DACLEMEN. I'd like to find an easy way to clear
amounts against eachother. For example, I may have a list of about 400
numbers ranging from $1.89 to $2,046,688.21, positive and negative.
Normally, many numbers (2 - 20) will clear against each other. I find myself
staring at the screen for hours. Is there a function in excel that will
randomly look for these clearing items? Any VBA possible? The link below
must be old because I cannot access it.

Thanks!