Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
daclemen daclemen is offline

Default How do I find clearing items in a column in Excel?

Basically the gist of what I am trying to do is match up, for example:
insurance premiums with the amounts expensed. In excel there is a
column for amounts. Positive numbers are premiums going in and
negative ( ) numbers are expenses going out. For instance, say there
is a $100 premium and four expenses for $25 dollars coming out. Once
these expenses go in the sum of the premium and expenses is 0.
However, the excel I work on is much larger and tougher than the
example above. Sorting by text and different fields like that do not
always help because the text may be totally different. I basically
waste a ton of time trying to match expenses to premiums. I was just
curious if excel had any sort of functions or capability that would
allow me to select a column of amounts and have it pick out negative
amounts that may sum to 0 with premiums.

--
daclemen
daclemen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36707