Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Text Result Formula

I'm having a problem with my formula to get Excel to print text as a result.
The formula that I am using is:
=IF(C2=36,Passing,(C2<=36,Unsatisfactory))
Can someone please tell me what I am missing? I am a #NAME? message.
Thank you,
Bernie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(C2=36,"Passing",IF(C2<=36,"Unsatisfactory"))

Try this one, you needed to add another IF and if you want text you need to
put quotes around the word.

"Creolekitten via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

I'm having a problem with my formula to get Excel to print text as a result.
The formula that I am using is:
=IF(C2=36,Passing,(C2<=36,Unsatisfactory))
Can someone please tell me what I am missing? I am a #NAME? message.
Thank you,
Bernie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this formula

=IF(C2=36,"Passing","Unsatisfactory")

1. You need quotes around any text you want outputted in a formula.
Otherwise it looks for a range with that name.

2. You don't need to specify C2<=36, because if it is not =36 then it has
to be <36.

"Creolekitten via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

I'm having a problem with my formula to get Excel to print text as a result.
The formula that I am using is:
=IF(C2=36,Passing,(C2<=36,Unsatisfactory))
Can someone please tell me what I am missing? I am a #NAME? message.
Thank you,
Bernie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Tim and everyone thank you for your help. I do need the second if because
the 36 won't stay the same that result is from another percentage and it will
change as the other data changes.
Bernie