Lisa

Default Convert farenheit to celcius

I looked this up in MS help in Excel and it says to use this:
=convert(A1, "F", "C") a1 being the first cell with a farenheit degree in
it.
I thought, "What a snap!" but once I hit return I got the old #NAME? error.
Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
Bob Phillips

Quote from help

If this function is not available, run the Setup program to install the
Analysis ToolPak. After you install the Analysis ToolPak, you must enable it
by using Add-Ins on the Tools menu.

--

HTH

RP

"Lisa" wrote in message
I looked this up in MS help in Excel and it says to use this:
=convert(A1, "F", "C") a1 being the first cell with a farenheit degree

in
it.
I thought, "What a snap!" but once I hit return I got the old #NAME?

error.
Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Bob Phillips

Hi Lisa,

Glad it's sorted. Excel help isn't the best in the world, but it's always
worth a look :-).

Bob

"Lisa" wrote in message
I looked this up in MS help in Excel and it says to use this:
=convert(A1, "F", "C") a1 being the first cell with a farenheit

degree
in
it.
I thought, "What a snap!" but once I hit return I got the old #NAME?

error.
Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Samad

Nice reply by bob,
Thanks bob it was really helpful but can you or any one tell me what other
formulas does Analysis tool pak add-in have?

Thanks

"Lisa" wrote:

I looked this up in MS help in Excel and it says to use this:
=convert(A1, "F", "C") a1 being the first cell with a farenheit degree in
it.
I thought, "What a snap!" but once I hit return I got the old #NAME? error.
Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Dave Peterson

Take a look at Peter Nonely's workbook that describes lots of functions:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/noneley/

If Peter's site isn't working, but Ron deBruin has a copy at:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/xlfdic01.zip

Norman Harker has his version at Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://www.contextures.com/functions.html