Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Please help with some formatting in excel

Hello,
i have 2 data files that i need to open in excel but if i try to do so then
it just adds the entire row of data in one excel row. If i select the
delimited mode and then select comma as separator then it also divides the
name in different cells. What i need is that the name would remain in 1 cell,
but other data would be properly in different cells (as they are in txt
format).

Data files: www.tud.ttu.ee/~t050731/1.txt
www.tud.ttu.ee/~t050731/2.txt
Thank You,
Raigo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I saved the file from the web site down to a text file (test.txt) on my
desktop...
I then opened Excel, I then selected the file to open off of the desktop,
using the Text Import Wizard I chose the Fixed Width radio button, I selected
the Next button, I then dragged the field delimiters to where it was
appropriate to separate the fields, I then selected the Finish button and all
was as I expected...

Follow the above steps and you should have the same results...
--
Hope this helps -
Joe Mac