Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do you search for broken Excel links on a server? (#REF!)

I am consolidating servers and want to be able to identify any broken links
in Excel by searching for #REF! in the broken formula. Is there a way to
search for this in Excel files without purchasing third party software?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could write your own code to search through lots of stuff or ...

You may want to get Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew
Henson) Name Manager:

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

There's an option to look for only the links with errors.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It appears this will only work for "active" workbooks. I need to be able to
scan hundreds of files located on shared drives. Unfortunately, opening one
at a time is not an option.