Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dan dan is offline

Default Backing up folder

I want to backup folder "C:\Documents and Settings\dan\Price" as
"C:\MyBackup\PriceMMDDYY"
Could you help me script a Macro to do this.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use this macro:

Dim str As String
str = "C:\Mybackup\Price" & Format(Date, "mmddyy")
MkDir (str)

"dan" wrote:

I want to backup folder "C:\Documents and Settings\dan\Price" as
"C:\MyBackup\PriceMMDDYY"
Could you help me script a Macro to do this.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dan dan is offline

Thank you, Muhammed
I meant to backup folder "C:\Documents and Settings\dan\Price" with
all its contents as PriceMMDDYY in "C:\MyBackup\".
Any idea?

"Muhammed Rafeek M" wrote in
message ...

"dan" wrote:

I want to backup folder "C:\Documents and Settings\dan\Price" as
"C:\MyBackup\PriceMMDDYY"
Could you help me script a Macro to do this.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Dan

Try this
http://www.rondebruin.nl/folder.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"dan" wrote:

I want to backup folder "C:\Documents and Settings\dan\Price" as
"C:\MyBackup\PriceMMDDYY"
Could you help me script a Macro to do this.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dan dan is offline

Hi Ron
This is great help. I will use the site more often.
Thank you very much
Best wishes