Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ben Ben is offline

Default Excel quits printing after a while...Reboot or Reinstall driver fi

Hey all. I have an annoying problem with Excel 2002. I currently have 3
users that can print out of Excel fine all day and maybe for even a week.
But every once in a while, they go to print from Excel and it just won't do
it. If they reboot their PC or reinstall the printer driver without
rebooting, this fixes the issue for the time being.

2 of the PC's print to the same network printer. 1 PC prints to a local
printer. They are all XP machines and I have installed all the updates on 1
of the PC's and they are still having this issue. I have run Ad-Aware and
updated the printer driver to the newest ones from their manufacturers.

Any ideas?
--
Thanks for your help!
Ben
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've never seen excel corrupt a printer driver--or never knew it if it did.

But with the complexities of windows and all the software that people run, it
could be lots of things that do that corruption.

And I don't see how rebooting the pc would do the same as reinstalling the
printer driver, either.

So my suggestion would be to reinstall the printer drivers whenever needed--but
you didn't need that advice.

One more thing to check (and it may be a waste of your time)...

Since windows uses the printer driver to help display stuff on the screen, maybe
you should get an updated video driver, too????

=======
And maybe cleaning the windows temp folder would be helpful???

windows start button|Run
%temp%
is a quick way to get there.

But that's a complete guess, too.

=======
If you ever find the cause, please post back. Then Google will have it and it
may help the next victim.

Ben wrote:

Hey all. I have an annoying problem with Excel 2002. I currently have 3
users that can print out of Excel fine all day and maybe for even a week.
But every once in a while, they go to print from Excel and it just won't do
it. If they reboot their PC or reinstall the printer driver without
rebooting, this fixes the issue for the time being.

2 of the PC's print to the same network printer. 1 PC prints to a local
printer. They are all XP machines and I have installed all the updates on 1
of the PC's and they are still having this issue. I have run Ad-Aware and
updated the printer driver to the newest ones from their manufacturers.

Any ideas?
--
Thanks for your help!
Ben

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is rather a shot in the dark because I do not know anything about your
system, but I have had trouble in the past with printing incomplete Office
documents because my printer was running off the parallel port. I changed the
printer to a USB port: no more problem. It worked for me; I hope it works for
you.
--
Pishon