Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Countif

Hi,

I am in trouble and your help.....

I have an excel sheet that contains data for June and July. The data cannot
be sorted and contains one day may be more than once.

For instance
After using countif
Dates Values Dates
No. of times date gets repeated
6/5/06 0
6/5/06 2
6/4/06 1
6/4/06 1
6/5/06 2
6/8/06 4
6/8/06 2
7/8/06 4
7/8/06 1
6/8/06 1
Using countif, I am able to count the no. of times these dates are repeating
(in our example - 6/5/06 -2, 6/8/06 -1)

You can see that there are some values besides different date, now what I
need is to calulate how many times the value is above 2 for a particular day
i.e 6/8/06 - 1. If day wise is not possible, please let me know if monthwise
wld be possible.

Please Help ASAP

Thanks,
Dinesh Advani

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use SUMPRODUCT:

For date of 1st July 2006:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A5=DATE(2006,7,1)),--(B1:B52))

or month of July:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Month(A1:A5)=7),--(B1:B52))

HTH

"dinadvani via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Thanks a lot..

DA

Toppers wrote:
Use SUMPRODUCT:

For date of 1st July 2006:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A5=DATE(2006,7,1)),--(B1:B52))

or month of July:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Month(A1:A5)=7),--(B1:B52))

HTH

Hi,

[quoted text clipped - 29 lines]
Thanks,
Dinesh Advani

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Please help..........

the sumproduct is working fine but now I have a different problem. The
sumproduct formula is in one file and I have a data in another file.

Both the documents are linked and are at shared drive but the problem is when
anybody other than me tries to open the file they receive a pop up box
"Whether you to Update or Dont Update". Choosing either of the option changes
the formula automatically. The new formula contains the path of the file but
still it does'nt works

Kindly help ASAP

Thanks,
DA