Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Combo box

I posted this question to the forum on 14th July but received no reponses, so
I am posting it again.

I have a macro set up which runs through its commands every time a combo box
in the worksheet is changed.

If I change the combo box with all the source data worksheets hidden then
for some reason hidden rows in that worksheet are unhidden. There is no VBA
code which specifies this.

If all worksheets are unhidden, changing the combo box does not unhide rows
and the macro works normally.

What could be causing this?

--
R Ormerod
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Unfortunately for reasons of confidentiality I cannot send you the example
file.

I shall try and explain the combo box in more detail:

= It is embedded in the main report worksheet which users interact with
= In Properties the ListFillRange is linked to another worksheet with a
list of customers
= All cells in the main report worksheet refer to a cell which changes the
customer details when the user picks another from the drop-down list and then
extract data from a variety of other worksheets in the file
= In addition there is a Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() set up which
re-keys formulae every time the combo box changed for certain cells in the
main report worksheet which are unprotected and can be used to input data
into the file

Changing the customer in the combo box works when all worksheets in the file
are unhidden.

However, I like to present the file to other users with all the various data
worksheets hidden. When this is done, changing the combo box causes all
hidden rows in the main report worksheet to be unhidden, disrupting the
formatting.

This has not happened before and there is no VBA code in the Private Sub
ComboBox1_Change() to unhide rows, so can you think of any other cause which
may lead to this outcome?

--
R Ormerod

"Muhammed Rafeek M" wrote:

Hi
Question is not clear, can you please mal me with example file to