Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jim S

Default How do I prevent a series line from going to 0 after last value?

I have a series of monthly data with values for Jan - Jun, but blank values
for Jul - Dec. It's a 100% stacked column chart with the series lines added
in. Currently, the series lines all drop to 0 in July. I need them to end
at Jun (or last month with non-blank data), but can't find any option to fix
(I already have the default set to hide or not display missing values).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme

Three options:
1) replace the zeros (or empty cells) by =NA()
2) select chart: use Tools | Options and on Chart tab specify how missing
values are to be treated
3) make a dynamic chart; see http://processtrends.com/pg_dynamic_charts.htm
best wishes

V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
remove caps from email

"Jim S" <Jim wrote in message
I have a series of monthly data with values for Jan - Jun, but blank values
for Jul - Dec. It's a 100% stacked column chart with the series lines
added
in. Currently, the series lines all drop to 0 in July. I need them to
end
at Jun (or last month with non-blank data), but can't find any option to
fix
(I already have the default set to hide or not display missing values).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
HEK

Use a "dynamic named range", with the OFFSET command. Many help/instructions
on this can be googled (and found on this forum elsewhere). One that jumps to
my mind is http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...umnChart1.html
HTH,
GL
Henk