Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Sarah Jane

Default Chart -- Source Data... -- Series dialog window

On the Source Data -- Series dialog window in MS Excel 2003 , the
marker_order_number is the only piece of a series formula

=SERIES("series_name",
worksheet_name!category_reference,worksheet_name!v alues_reference,marker_order_number)

that is not available for editing. Selecting a series on the chart can
often be very difficult if the values are zero or very small relative to the
values in the other series, so I regularly edit series formulas via the
Source Data -- Series dialog window. As it is currently, the only way to
change the display order for multiple series is to select a series on the
chart so that the series formula is displayed in the formula bar and then
manually edit the formula for each series that needs to move. I would like
to be able to edit the marker_order_number by selecting a series on the
Source Data -- Series dialog window and then clicking a "Move Up" or "Move
Down" button. This would be especially helpful when working with 10 or more
series. (By the way, I have charts with 25, 102, and 120 series.)

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...excel.charting
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

You are aware that the "Move up" and "Move down" option is available on
Series Order tab of the Format dialog. Just double click a series to
bring up the dialog. You can change the order of all, similar chart type
within the same axis, group at once.

Cheers
Andy

--