Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Steve D

Default Creating a graph based on a chosen group of data

Hi,
I have a list of data that contains multiple groups I am trying to
create a graph that will show only the group that the user selects from a
dropdown box. The data looks like this:

Group Item Data
A 1 100
A 2 120
A 3 130
B 4 75
B 5 62
B 6 110

The drop down box shows A or B, if the user selects A the graph should show
3 bars named 1, 2 and 3. If the user selects B the graph should show 3 bars
named 4, 5 and 6.

Any ideas how I can achieve this?

--
Thank You,
Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

Have a look at Jon Peltier's example of charting off of control choices.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html

Cheers
Andy

Steve D wrote:
Hi,
I have a list of data that contains multiple groups I am trying to
create a graph that will show only the group that the user selects from a
dropdown box. The data looks like this:

Group Item Data
A 1 100
A 2 120
A 3 130
B 4 75
B 5 62
B 6 110

The drop down box shows A or B, if the user selects A the graph should show
3 bars named 1, 2 and 3. If the user selects B the graph should show 3 bars
named 4, 5 and 6.

Any ideas how I can achieve this?

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel