Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
jswayze

Default In-cell bar graphs?

I'd like to present some data within the cells of a spreadsheet instead
of a separate graph. Basically I want to partially fill the cell from
left to right to indicate a value. I've enclosed an example (modified
in Photoshop) to show what I mean.

Does anyone know of any tricks to do this? Visual Basic? A scaled
graphic? A plug-in?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards,

Jeff

|Filename: graph_example.jpg |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4887 |

jswayze
jswayze's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35420
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=551891

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme

Download Excel 2007 beta - it can do just what you want!
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"jswayze" wrote in
message ...

I'd like to present some data within the cells of a spreadsheet instead
of a separate graph. Basically I want to partially fill the cell from
left to right to indicate a value. I've enclosed an example (modified
in Photoshop) to show what I mean.

Does anyone know of any tricks to do this? Visual Basic? A scaled
graphic? A plug-in?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards,

Jeff

|Filename: graph_example.jpg |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4887 |

jswayze
jswayze's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=551891

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
jswayze

I look forward to trying it, however I'm stuck with Excel 2000 at work,
so I'd like to find a solution in the interim.

I did play with creating a Picture Object in a cell, then having it
resize with the cell. I don't have time to figure out the VB at this
point though, so I'm hoping to "borrow" someone else's implementation
of this if possible.

Thanks,

Jeff

--
jswayze
jswayze's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35420
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=551891

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Here are a couple of ways,

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip052.htm

This is the last in a series of posts.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/andrewe/arch....html#comments

This is a line but the principle can be adapted.
http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...cell-charting/

Cheers
Andy

jswayze wrote:
I'd like to present some data within the cells of a spreadsheet instead
of a separate graph. Basically I want to partially fill the cell from
left to right to indicate a value. I've enclosed an example (modified
in Photoshop) to show what I mean.

Does anyone know of any tricks to do this? Visual Basic? A scaled
graphic? A plug-in?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards,

Jeff

|Filename: graph_example.jpg |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4887 |

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
jswayze

These are great links - thanks!

If I end up with some sort of hybrid solution I'll post it here.

-Jeff