Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
rkizik

Default combining different excel charts

Hi,

I have an economic time series that I've graphed using a line chart.
Our professor wants us to add recessions to this chart. Is there a way
adding a bar chart to a line chart?

I just drew vertical lines between the dates in question and added
diagonals but the graph looks amateurish. Ideally, I'd like to be able
to add a shaded column between the dates but still have the line show
through the shaded area.

Thanks.

Bob

--
rkizik
rkizik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35342

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

Have a look at Jon Peltier's example of vertical banding,
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...ticalBand.html

Cheers
Andy

rkizik wrote:
Hi,

I have an economic time series that I've graphed using a line chart.
Our professor wants us to add recessions to this chart. Is there a way
adding a bar chart to a line chart?

I just drew vertical lines between the dates in question and added
diagonals but the graph looks amateurish. Ideally, I'd like to be able
to add a shaded column between the dates but still have the line show
through the shaded area.

Thanks.

Bob

--