Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Chuck

Default Automatic Update

I have a chart I want to automatically update from now until a certain point
in the future. The chart actually updates, but shows the whole time series
(but not the data) on the x-axis instead of only those dates that have
occurred. The data series is in rows and so the normally recommended use of
OFFSET doesn't work. To work around this I have used the TRANSPOSE function
to put the data in columns and used ISBLANK so the cells don't display any
data. I have done this for both the Date column and the column containing
the actual data. Any suggestions as how to show only the current set of
dates (and data), but not the blank area holding place for dates and data to
be supplied in the future? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
HEK

Hi chuck:
I don't see why "The data series is in rows and so the normally recommended
use of OFFSET doesn't work". Anyway, from your post I cannot read whether
you tried a dynamic named range. See for instance
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/named.htm
http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic
The latter has links to others.
HTH,