Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Enna

Default labels on the x-axis

Does anyone know how I can delete some of the numbers on the x-axis? I have
numbers ranging from 9 to 55 but only want to show 9-21, 25-31, 41 and
finally 55. I cannot just delete them on the worksheet because they are used
in the formulas making the chart as (=1/(A9+1)*100) (=1/(A10+1)*100) etc.
A9=9, A10=10 etc.
Also I want the x-axis labels to be centred under 9, 11, 13 and so on. How
do I do that?
Thank you
Enna
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Hide the axis labels (Double click, Patterns tab: None), then add a custom
axis using a helper XY series:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Enna" wrote in message
Does anyone know how I can delete some of the numbers on the x-axis? I
have
numbers ranging from 9 to 55 but only want to show 9-21, 25-31, 41 and
finally 55. I cannot just delete them on the worksheet because they are
used
in the formulas making the chart as (=1/(A9+1)*100) (=1/(A10+1)*100) etc.
A9=9, A10=10 etc.
Also I want the x-axis labels to be centred under 9, 11, 13 and so on. How
do I do that?
Thank you
Enna

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Enna

Thank you. It helped me a lot, it was a line chart, but making a dummy x-axis
did the trick. Now my only problem is that the numbers are not centered under
the x-marker on the x-axis, they are a bit to the left. Is there a way to do
that?
Enna

"Enna" wrote in message
Does anyone know how I can delete some of the numbers on the x-axis? I
have
numbers ranging from 9 to 55 but only want to show 9-21, 25-31, 41 and
finally 55. I cannot just delete them on the worksheet because they are
used
in the formulas making the chart as (=1/(A9+1)*100) (=1/(A10+1)*100) etc.
A9=9, A10=10 etc.
Also I want the x-axis labels to be centred under 9, 11, 13 and so on. How
do I do that?
Thank you
Enna

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

If you added the new series as an XY series, you can adjust the position by
tweaking the X and Y values for this series.

- Jon
-------