David Burr

Default Excel2003: Axis labels are truncated

I would be grateful if someone could help me with this problem as despite
throwing a lot of time at it I cannot seem to find a solution.

I have a horizontal bar chart with labels against the side axis. The labels
are being truncated.

Is there a way to force Excel to devote more space to the labels and less to
the chart? As I resize the chart it doesn't seem to allow me to devote more
space to the labels.

At one stage in desparation I considered using a text box to display the
labels. However having separate text boxes for each of the 30 different data
points on 8 different charts just isn't workable. If I could find a way of
having just one text box for each chart and setting the contents of the box
to equal the values in the spreadsheet that would I guess be ok. The problem
I had was inserting carriage returns so that each label would appear on a
new line in the text box. I couldn't crack that so I went back to trying to
resize the width of the chart labels relative to the chart itself.

Many thanks for any help

David Burr

Barb Reinhardt

I've added a couple of spaces and a period to "fix" this and then format the
period so that it's the same color as the background. Unfortunately, I've
had difficulty doing even that lately.

"David Burr" wrote in message
[...]

David Burr

Thanks for your reply but I can't see how adding extra characters would
help. My current problem is that Excel won't devote enough space to
displaying the current contents of the labels. If I add characters won't it
worsen the situation?

Is there really no fix for the underlying problem? Seems like a real
deficiency!