David Burr

Default Excel2003: Axis labels are truncated

I would be grateful if someone could help me with this problem as despite
throwing a lot of time at it I cannot seem to find a solution.

I have a horizontal bar chart with labels against the side axis. The labels
are being truncated.

Is there a way to force Excel to devote more space to the labels and less to
the chart? As I resize the chart it doesn't seem to allow me to devote more
space to the labels.

At one stage in desparation I considered using a text box to display the
labels. However having separate text boxes for each of the 30 different data
points on 8 different charts just isn't workable. If I could find a way of
having just one text box for each chart and setting the contents of the box
to equal the values in the spreadsheet that would I guess be ok. The problem
I had was inserting carriage returns so that each label would appear on a
new line in the text box. I couldn't crack that so I went back to trying to
resize the width of the chart labels relative to the chart itself.

Many thanks for any help

David Burr