Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ronbrosh111

Default Create multiple data series for a chart in one shot...

Hi,

I'm trying to create a scatter chart and enter about 100 data series (a
name, x value, y value for each). I could do it manually but I'm sure
there's a more efficient way. Can you help?

Thanks!

Ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

Do you really need the points to be separate series?

Perhaps you can create a xy scatter on the x and y data and then use of
these free addin to link your data labels to the names.

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler
http://appspro.com

Or John Walkenbach's Chart Tools
http://j-walk.com

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ronbrosh111

Thanks for the response and advice.

I actually inherited a file (at work), where a large amount of series were
entered in at once, and been asked to replicate the feat. Is there an
organic way to do so in Excel, or are the add-ins the only option?

Thanks again!

Ron

ronbrosh111 wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to create a scatter chart and enter about 100 data series (a
name, x value, y value for each). I could do it manually but I'm sure
there's a more efficient way. Can you help?

Thanks!

Ron

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Maybe you could write your own code to update and or create the chart.

What do you mean by 'organic way'?

Cheers
Andy

ronbrosh111 wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to create a scatter chart and enter about 100 data series (a
name, x value, y value for each). I could do it manually but I'm sure
there's a more efficient way. Can you help?

Thanks!

Ron

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

I think he means built in, as opposed to programmatic.

If you need programmatic techniques, this might be a good place to start:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...kChartVBA.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

ronbrosh111 wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to create a scatter chart and enter about 100 data series (a
name, x value, y value for each). I could do it manually but I'm sure
there's a more efficient way. Can you help?

Thanks!

Ron

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ronbrosh111

I ended up using the add-in you recommended. Turns out my predecessor
entered 100 data series in manually!

Thanks for the help!

Ron