Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Dona

Default Can I use data from different worksheets to create a chart

I am running Excel 2000. I have 3 worksheets from different schools. I want
to compare ratings from each of the schools in one chart. Can I do that and,
if so, how. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Kelly O'Day

Yes you can build a single chart that plots data from 3 different
worksheets. You haven't said what type of chart, so I will walk you through
an XY (Scatter) chart. Let me know if you need help with another chart type.

Step 1 - Create new worksheet where you will place embedded chart. Name your
new worksheet Charts
Step 2 - In your new Charts sheet, from the top menu select Insert Chart
to start Excel's Chart Wizard
Step 3 - Chart Wizard, Step 1 of 4 Select Chart Type - in this example XY
Scatter
Step 4 - Select Subtype (say - line without markers), press Next
Step 5 - You should now see Chart Wizard Step 2 of 4 - Chart Source Data -
Select Series
Step 5 - Press Add data series -
Step 6 - You are in Step 2 of 4 - Series Data - Add Series 1 - use the
navigation button (right side of box) to navigate to School 1 data sheet and
X data range, press ok, then do the same for Y data for Scholl 1, press ok -
you should have chart with School 1.
Step 7 - Add schools 2 and 3
Step 8 - Format chart

...Kelly

"Dona" wrote in message
I am running Excel 2000. I have 3 worksheets from different schools. I
want
to compare ratings from each of the schools in one chart. Can I do that
and,
if so, how. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

There are a few constraints on using multiple sheets. For example, all the X
data for one series must come from one sheet, and all the Y data for one
series from one sheet, but X and Y can come from different sheets. Data from
different series in a chart can come from different sheets. If you need data
from different sheets into one of these one-sheet-only cases, you can use
worksheet formulas to help. There's more information about this he

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...iffSheets.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______