Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
LeAnne

Default Followup:Add vertical line at intersection of 2 curves (Ping AndyPope)

Okay, I've been hammering away at this for days now, and I *still* just
do not get it. I've been _trying_ to use the user-defined function
created by Andy Pope (http://www.andypope.info/charts/intersection.htm)
to find all the intersecting points of 2 "lines" (actually xy scatter
plots with visible markers) on a chart, and then create a vertical line
(or multiple lines) on the chart at the intersection point (or points).
I downloaded the intersection demo .zip file. I copied both
procedures from the demo into my workbook. I changed all my
column/field names to match Andy's example. I named the range of values
for LineB. But I cannot for the life of me get the IntersectComplex()
function to work (keep getting a #NAME? error). As I mentioned before,
I'm a bumbling code buffoon and so have no idea what I'm doing wrong or
how to fix it. Please, could someone take pity on me and walk me
through the process (preferably in words of 1 syllable so I can "get
it") before my head explodes?

tia,

LeAnne, bumbling code buffoon :-(
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi LeAnne,

If you email me, not the newsgroup, you workbook I will have a look see.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel