Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
wittmaennle

Default Vertical line in stock chart

Hi,

another question from my side...

I still have a stock chart (plotted on primary axis) together with a
count (plotted on the secondary axis).
(these values vary strongly, so both axis are needed)

Now I want to add a vertical line to the chart.
I've added another data series, changed the type of the series to "xy
(scatter)" and got a vertical line by using :
Name: Vertical
X Values: ={1\1}
Y Values: ={0\1}

This gives me a small vertical line. However it doesn't fill the
complete plot area.
Of course, when setting the second Y-value to the maximum with setting
the scale to this maximum, it would fill the plot area.
But this is undesirable, because I absolutely have no idea how big my
values for my stock chart will become. So the maximum for the scale
should stay "auto".

Is there a way to extend the vertical line to the whole plot area with
leaving the scale auto?
(like it works for horizontal lines with error bars and big error
values)

Thanks in advance,
Rene

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

On a value axis, automatic scales will always be wider than the limits of
the data (unless the min or max of the data is zero).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services