Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Paul

Default Pivot Chart Help!

I have an Excel Pivot Table which is showing the average spending on the
Canadian provinces by the fiscal year. The Fiscal Year is on the row area
and the Province is on the column area and the average spending is a
calculated field from the sum of spending divide by the population of a
given fiscal year. At the bottom of the pivot table it show the "Grand
Average" spending of all fiscal years for a given province. I use this Pivot
table to create a Pivot Chart with the fiscal year on the x-axis and the avg
spending on the y-axis. Diff color of line for each province is plotted on
the chart. However I want to include the "Grand Average" spending data to
the chart. How? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Pivot charts don't allow you to plot data from outside the pivot table. If
it helps, you can make a regular chart from a pivot table. Select a blank
chart away from the PT, and start the chart wizard. In step 2, click on the
Series tab, and add each series separately (or else Excel converts it to a
pivot chart against your wishes). This chart will allow you to use all of
the features and workarounds that go with regular charts.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions