Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
unajen

Default Last 3 letters of the y-axis get cut off.

On my computer, the last 3 letters of the y-axis title keep getting cut off.
When I go to print preview the whole title shows, but when I go back to work
on it I can't see the whole title. This is a problem because when I try to
copy and paste the chart into other files, the title is still cut off. It
only doesn't cut off when I go to print preview or print (on Excel).

On other computers the whole y-axis title can be seen. What's wrong with my
settings?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Gelbstoff

Unajen,
I had have the same problem since Windows 95, through XP using different
computers. I called customer service about this several times, no help.
In fact, I found your post because I am having the same problem today in a
figure that is going out for publication. I am finally done with excel. I
am going Sigma Plot.

Regards,

Gelbstoff

"unajen" wrote:

On my computer, the last 3 letters of the y-axis title keep getting cut off.
When I go to print preview the whole title shows, but when I go back to work
on it I can't see the whole title. This is a problem because when I try to
copy and paste the chart into other files, the title is still cut off. It
only doesn't cut off when I go to print preview or print (on Excel).

On other computers the whole y-axis title can be seen. What's wrong with my
settings?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
unajen

Gelbstoff,

I read on another post that this is a program glitch that happens to some
computers. The only way I've heard of (to solve this problem) is to add a
few characters at the end of the title, use commas or periods-- so that the
last few characters that will be cut off will be that instead of your actual
title.

I hope this helps you. Otherwise, what I've done is to just use another
computer to create the graph and copy it and paste it onto a Word document
(or something else) to save it... and then open up that document for access
to the graph.

Take care,
unajen

"unajen" wrote:

On my computer, the last 3 letters of the y-axis title keep getting cut off.
When I go to print preview the whole title shows, but when I go back to work
on it I can't see the whole title. This is a problem because when I try to
copy and paste the chart into other files, the title is still cut off. It
only doesn't cut off when I go to print preview or print (on Excel).

On other computers the whole y-axis title can be seen. What's wrong with my
settings?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Gelbstoff

Thanks Unajen,
Already tried this fix. Sometimes it works, some times it does not. For my
current project is not working. I am plotting my figures in IDL until I get
the new version of Sigam Plot for XP. Excel is good for working data, but
mediocre making graphics.

Regards,

Gelbstoff

"unajen" wrote:

On my computer, the last 3 letters of the y-axis title keep getting cut off.
When I go to print preview the whole title shows, but when I go back to work
on it I can't see the whole title. This is a problem because when I try to
copy and paste the chart into other files, the title is still cut off. It
only doesn't cut off when I go to print preview or print (on Excel).

On other computers the whole y-axis title can be seen. What's wrong with my
settings?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
David

Hi,

I've had the same problem and have found the quickest, easiest way to fix it
is:

*Change your screen ratio to 4:3 (eg 1024 x 768 which works for me)
*Restart your computer
*Open excel and do your thang with the graphs
*Sit back and stare at your new, lovely y-axes which now include ALL the
letters they should!

Note:
* I have tried the non-breaking space technique (ALT+0160) as well as adding
...... to the end of my titles and changing their color to match the graph
background.
* I have not yet printed my new graphs, but assume they will print fine if
displayed fine.
* The y-axis label will be 'fixed' only on documents created with the 4:3
ratio.

Hope this helps