Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
StephanieH

Default Control X axis order

I want to make an adjustment to the order on the X axis.
I have my months listed in this order in the source range:
March (listed vertically)
April
May

My chart shows this order:
Apr May Jun........Mar

When I reverse them I get
Mar Feb Jan.......Apr

I want Mar Apr May.... (the way I have it listed in the source range)
What I want to present is how this month's data relates to the same month
last year then give a head's up on what to expect next month....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

The only thing I can think of that would change the order of the axis
labels is that there are really dates. And that the Mar label is a year
younger than the others.
You could change the axis to be categorical which would cause the labels
to appear in the order you entered them. Right click the chart and from
the popup menu pick Chart Opitions. On the axes tab set the axis type
from automatic/time series to Category.

Cheers
Andy

--