Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
JessK

Default Retrieve data from separate Excel session

Is there code that I can write into my macro that allows me to access other
Excel sessions running on my computer to transfer data into a different
session that my macro is running in? My situation is described below:

There is a program on my computer (DataNav) that opens a set of experiment
data in an Excel worksheet. I am using a VBA Excel macro in a "summary" file
to grab and manipulate this data. Everything is fine if I first allow
DataNav to open the experiment data, then open my Excel macro file in the
same Excel session. However, when I download subsequent sets of experiment
data from DataNav, they each open as a new Excel session (not as a new window
in the same session). This requires me to save my macro file, close its
Excel session, and then reopen my macro in the Excel session of the new
experiment data.

Can you help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Go to Excel's Tools menu, Options, General, and uncheck Ignore Other
Applications. This will prevent a separate instance of Excel from opening
(unless of course DataNav screws this up for you).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______