Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Aurora

Default Line Chart

I am using Excel 2000.
I have a line chart that charts 4 sets of data, by month, for 1 year. I am
using the 4th type sub chart type of line chart. My data points are OK
except for the last point which is always down at "0" - the bottom of my
chart. This causes, what I call a tail to hang down from the previous point
to the bottom of my chart. I understand why this happens because there is no
data for the next point. But I do not like the "tail" hanging down. If I
only hi-lite the cells that have data, my chart looks like it only has 2 or 3
months. I can not keep all of the 12 months on the chart. Can anyone help
me? Am I using the wrong line chart for this type of chart. I know I have
had problems before with charts - if I have picked the wrong kind of chart.
But I really do not understand the difference in the line sub charts. Can
anyone help me?????
I certainly would appreciate and help or at least point me in the right
direction. I have about 10 different charts that this happens to.

Aurora
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tushar Mehta

No, you are doing all right as far as chart type goes.

If your data are simply entered by hand, make sure those cells are truly
empty (select the cell and press the 'delete' key).

If your data are the result of a formula, replace the "" with NA().

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,