Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Boone

Default xy scatter, missing one y

I have 2 series (x,y) of 11 numbers than I can scatter plot and insert a
trend line on. My problem is that I have a 12th x value with no corresponding
y value. how can I find the y value in the trend? and put it on the graph?

Graphically, I need to extend a verticle line up from the 12th x axis
coordinate up to the intersection with the trend line from the first 11.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme

Would take toooooo long
Send me private email and I'll send you a file
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Boone" wrote in message
I have 2 series (x,y) of 11 numbers than I can scatter plot and insert a
trend line on. My problem is that I have a 12th x value with no
corresponding
y value. how can I find the y value in the trend? and put it on the graph?

Graphically, I need to extend a verticle line up from the 12th x axis
coordinate up to the intersection with the trend line from the first 11.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Boone

Thanks.

Up too late last night. Wouldn't =forcast() work to get the value of the
missing y and then base the trend line on only the 11 x,y pair series. That
way you'll see the relation of the unknown,x to the x,y trend line I do have.

See:

Thanks.

Boone

"Boone" wrote in message
I have 2 series (x,y) of 11 numbers than I can scatter plot and insert a
trend line on. My problem is that I have a 12th x value with no
corresponding
y value. how can I find the y value in the trend? and put it on the graph?

Graphically, I need to extend a verticle line up from the 12th x axis
coordinate up to the intersection with the trend line from the first 11.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme

Only if a linear trend