Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
isofuncurves

Default ?-Change data series range as data is entered?

I have a chart which shows a prediction curve and an actual curve. The
prediction curve runs out until the end of a project. The actual curve
is populated as data is entered. I will be generating a number of these
charts from a datatable. I would like to plot the prediction curve for
the duration of the project (easy). I would then like to plot the
actual curve with only the existing data and not have the line drop to
the x-axis at the end. Can I put a formula in the data series "x
values" field?

I hope that my description makes sense.....

Thanks,
Carl

--
isofuncurves
isofuncurves's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30749

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

Sounds like you need to use a dynamic named range for the chart data
source. Here are a collection of webpages on the subject.

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ne...rts/index.html
http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/E...ps/Dynamic.htm

Cheers
Andy

isofuncurves wrote:
I have a chart which shows a prediction curve and an actual curve. The
prediction curve runs out until the end of a project. The actual curve
is populated as data is entered. I will be generating a number of these
charts from a datatable. I would like to plot the prediction curve for
the duration of the project (easy). I would then like to plot the
actual curve with only the existing data and not have the line drop to
the x-axis at the end. Can I put a formula in the data series "x
values" field?

I hope that my description makes sense.....

Thanks,
Carl

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
isofuncurves

Andy,

Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for. I do have one
ploblem with the solution though. My data table contains formulas to
generate the chart data. So CounA() is not working for me. Each cell,
inclulding the "empty ones" contains a formula:

I am defining my series by:
=OFFSET('CIP CMG'!$G$3,0,0,COUNTA('CIP CMG'!$G:$G)-1)
=OFFSET('CIP CMG'!$I$3,0,0,COUNTA('CIP CMG'!$I:$I))
=SERIES('CIP
CMG'!$H$3,Metrics.xls'!CIP_Date,Metrics.xls'!Sum_T arget_Start,2)

The data for the named ranges is not entered manually. It is generated
by a formula.
=IF(G21<=TODAY(),COUNTIF(C$2:C$91,"<"&$G21),"")

I assume COUNTA does not work because the cells are non-empty. Any
ideas how to make this work with formulas in the cells?

thanks,
Carl.

--
isofuncurves
isofuncurves's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30749
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=504189

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
isofuncurves

I thought of using countif() since all will be numeric integers 0. I
haven't tried it yet as I'm scrambling to put together a
presentation... Thanks!

Carl