Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Nick Krill

Default How do I create a dynamic chart

I have a database on sheet "D" with 1000 rows of data 79 columns wide.

How do I create a single line chart on sheet "A" that graphs a single row on
sheet "D" where the row number is specified in cell H1 on sheet "A"

This doesn't work:
=D!&ADDRESS(OFFSET(A1,H1,1,1,1),1):ADDRESS(OFFSET( A1,H1,1,1,1),78)

The chart would graph out whatever D! row number is pointed to by cell A1 on
sheet "A"
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme

read other posts today

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Nick Krill" wrote in message
I have a database on sheet "D" with 1000 rows of data 79 columns wide.

How do I create a single line chart on sheet "A" that graphs a single row
on
sheet "D" where the row number is specified in cell H1 on sheet "A"

This doesn't work:
=D!&ADDRESS(OFFSET(A1,H1,1,1,1),1):ADDRESS(OFFSET( A1,H1,1,1,1),78)

The chart would graph out whatever D! row number is pointed to by cell A1
on
sheet "A"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Nick Krill

Bernard €“
Thanks for your rapid response. I spent the better part of this morning
chasing down other posts and have not found anything that will allow me to
enter a variable for the row number in the graph range formula. I spent
considerable time trying to make something work but to no avail.

Regards,

Nick Krill

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

read other posts today

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Nick Krill" wrote in message
I have a database on sheet "D" with 1000 rows of data 79 columns wide.

How do I create a single line chart on sheet "A" that graphs a single row
on
sheet "D" where the row number is specified in cell H1 on sheet "A"

This doesn't work:
=D!&ADDRESS(OFFSET(A1,H1,1,1,1),1):ADDRESS(OFFSET( A1,H1,1,1,1),78)

The chart would graph out whatever D! row number is pointed to by cell A1
on
sheet "A"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tushar Mehta

There is conflicting information in the post. First you indicate that
the row # is specified by H1; then you indicate the row # is specified
in A1.

Assuming it is H1 and that you want to plot columns 1 through 78...

Create a named formula (Insert | Name Define...). Say you name it
PlotRng. It should be =INDIRECT("'D'!$A$" & A!$H$1 & ":$BZ$" & A!$H$1)

Now, create a chart using this named formula.

For more help on creating a named formula or using one in a chart, see
the links in the first paragraph in
Dynamic Charts
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ne...rts/index.html

Tushar Mehta