Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
NeoDS

Default how do i make an xy graph start at 0 instead of at 1?

I made a scatter graph, with the origin value at 0. when i made a line of
best fit, the line starts and 1. how do i make it start at 0??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tushar Mehta

I will assume that "made a line of best fit" means you added a
trendline. If so, double-click the trendline. In the resulting dialog
box, from the Options tab, check 'Set Intercept to' and enter zero in
the adjacent textbox.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
I made a scatter graph, with the origin value at 0. when i made a line of
best fit, the line starts and 1. how do i make it start at 0??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

If your first X value is at 1, double click the trendline, and on the
Options tab, in the Forecast box, change backwards to 1.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"NeoDS" wrote in message
I made a scatter graph, with the origin value at 0. when i made a line of
best fit, the line starts and 1. how do i make it start at 0??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme

When you add the trendline, specify intercept at 0
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"NeoDS" wrote in message
I made a scatter graph, with the origin value at 0. when i made a line of
best fit, the line starts and 1. how do i make it start at 0??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
NeoDS

thank you for you help, but i need the trend line to be a cuve, and when i do
that it won't let me to set the intercept.

"NeoDS" wrote:

I made a scatter graph, with the origin value at 0. when i made a line of
best fit, the line starts and 1. how do i make it start at 0??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
MrShorty

What form of curve do you need for your trendline?

--
MrShorty
MrShorty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22181