Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
gziomek

Default How do I make a graph of the frequency names come up in a column?

I have a column of several different names, most of which come up several
times. I would like to make a graph of which names appear the most
frequently. I haven't been able to figure out how to do this for the life of
me.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Mike Middleton

gziomek -

Use either (1) a pivot table or (2) COUNTIF worksheet functions.

For a pivot table, enter a label (e.g., Names) as the top cell of the
column. Choose Data | Pivot Table ..., and for Layout use Names for both Row
and Data entries.

(I think the array-entered FREQUENCY worksheet function can be used only to
count numerical values.)

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

"gziomek" wrote in message
I have a column of several different names, most of which come up several
times. I would like to make a graph of which names appear the most
frequently. I haven't been able to figure out how to do this for the life
of
me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Bummer. I posted yesterday or today to use Frequency for a list of names.
Now where did that post go, so I can fix it?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"gziomek" wrote in message
I have a column of several different names, most of which come up several
times. I would like to make a graph of which names appear the most
frequently. I haven't been able to figure out how to do this for the
life of
me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
gziomek

Default How do I make a graph of the frequency names come up in a colu

I'm having some trouble with both COUNTIF and pivot tables. I'm fairly new
to using functions in Excel, sorry.