Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
duane

Default Excel Charts do not update when Workbook recalculated

I have several good size excel workbooks with 30-40 charts with 5-10
series per chart which do not update when the workbook is recalculated.
I have written a macro to select each series in each chart and redefine
the x axis values (but not changing it) - rather brute force as you will
see - so that the charts can be easily ensured to be updated. Is there
an easier fix than this? We are running excel 2003.

rather than 100's of lines of code like the following, can this be done
via something like

for each chart....
for each series....

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate
ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = "='Weekly
Data'!R1C3:R1C94"
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).XValues = "='Weekly
Data'!R1C3:R1C94"

once is was set up it ran fine, but adding a chart or series was a
pain.

thanks in advance.....

--
duane