Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
caridgway

Default 3rd Y Axis

I am charting the passage of a low pressure system.
On the primary Y axis I am plotting Barometric Pressure as a line chart
with values between 28 and 31 inches of mercury.
On the secondary Y axis I am plotting Wind Speed, Wind Gusts and
Temperature, also as line charts, with values between 0 and 55 MPH/ºF.
I am also using the secondary axis to plot as an area chart the
elevation of the Sun between 0º and 30º.
All of that is working fine and looks OK.
Now I want to add a scatter chart of wind direction. It will need to
have values between 0 and 345 so I can’t plot it against either the
primary or secondary Y axis.
Is it possible (without using VB which I don’t know anything about) to
add a third Y axis to the chart? If I can add the axis, can I have it
evaluate the direction in degrees but have it display the direction in
compass points (N, NE, E, SE…) on the axis?

If I can’t add a third Y axis to my existing chart, is there a way of
adding a second chart beneath the first one that will be in the same
big box and share the same title, legend, etc. as my existing chart?

--
caridgway
caridgway's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29914

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting