Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Me

Default Graph Series Questions

I have two Excel 2003 questions:

1) Is there any way to move a series of data once a chart has been created?
For instance, say my four series are listed in the legend as 2, 3, 4, 1, and
I want to put series 1 to the top. Is there an easier way than going back to
the source data and re-establishing all the data series in the order I want
them to appear in the legend?

2) I have a chart that automatically pulls its data source from another
worksheet to create a graph. The problem is that there is a lot of zero data
being pulled over, and this zero data is still being plotted into the graph.
Is there a way to have the graph only plot the data series' greater than
zero? Since I don't know VB, I'd prefer to know if this can be done via
conventional Excel functionality.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

You can change the legend order to some degree by changing the Series
order. Double click a series and check the Series tab. You will have
problems if the chart types are different or you are using the secondary
axis.

You could do a find and replace on your data. Find whole cells
containing zero and replace with the function =NA()
Although I don't know how you tell the difference between zero's you
don't want and true zeros.

Cheers
Andy

--