Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Raymond Willis

Default CHANGE DATA SERIES WITH A COMMAND BUTTON

A B C D E F
1 Ray 1 3 5 7 9 11
2 Maureen 2 4 6 8 10 12
3 Sharon 3 5 7 9 11 13
4 Tim 4 6 8 10 12 14
5 Katie 5 7 9 11 13 15
6 Carl 6 8 10 12 14 16
The above table shows a set of made up data. I would like to be able to
automate the data I select to chart. Each time i do make a chart it should
plot the top row as the x axis and then the relevant data for the particular
person. ie 3,5,7,9,11,13 for Sharon. Can anyone suggest how this may be done
by perhaps using a combo box or some other means . Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Raymond Willis" wrote in message
A B C D E F
1 Ray 1 3 5 7 9 11
2 Maureen 2 4 6 8 10 12
3 Sharon 3 5 7 9 11 13
4 Tim 4 6 8 10 12 14
5 Katie 5 7 9 11 13 15
6 Carl 6 8 10 12 14 16
The above table shows a set of made up data. I would like to be able to
automate the data I select to chart. Each time i do make a chart it should
plot the top row as the x axis and then the relevant data for the
particular
person. ie 3,5,7,9,11,13 for Sharon. Can anyone suggest how this may be
done
by perhaps using a combo box or some other means . Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Raymond Willis

I have had a useful supply and the zipped file works fine. However when I
select a combo box in Excel 2002 I do not get the control when I right click.
The only way I can enter the linked cell and range is by goin into
prpoerties. When I do this it still does not work. All I have is an empty
combo box. There seems to be no help within excel about combo boxes. Can any
one help to show me how to get the combo box to work in excel 2002 so that I
have a drop down list and when I choose the linked cell updates to this
value. Thank you

"Raymond Willis" wrote:

A B C D E F
1 Ray 1 3 5 7 9 11
2 Maureen 2 4 6 8 10 12
3 Sharon 3 5 7 9 11 13
4 Tim 4 6 8 10 12 14
5 Katie 5 7 9 11 13 15
6 Carl 6 8 10 12 14 16
The above table shows a set of made up data. I would like to be able to
automate the data I select to chart. Each time i do make a chart it should
plot the top row as the x axis and then the relevant data for the particular
person. ie 3,5,7,9,11,13 for Sharon. Can anyone suggest how this may be done
by perhaps using a combo box or some other means . Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Raymond Willis

The zipped file worked fine and I would be able to use this but in excel 2002
I do n ot seem to get the control ion the combo box to enter the linked cell
and range. I have tried to do this through "properties" and have added in the
linked cell and range but to no effect. Can anyone explain how in excel 2002
when you have select a combo box you can get a list to show so that when you
select the required value the linked cell is updates. Thank you

"Raymond Willis" wrote:

A B C D E F
1 Ray 1 3 5 7 9 11
2 Maureen 2 4 6 8 10 12
3 Sharon 3 5 7 9 11 13
4 Tim 4 6 8 10 12 14
5 Katie 5 7 9 11 13 15
6 Carl 6 8 10 12 14 16
The above table shows a set of made up data. I would like to be able to
automate the data I select to chart. Each time i do make a chart it should
plot the top row as the x axis and then the relevant data for the particular
person. ie 3,5,7,9,11,13 for Sharon. Can anyone suggest how this may be done
by perhaps using a combo box or some other means . Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

In any version of Excel from 97 to 2003, there are two types of controls you
can add to a worksheet. These are from the Forms toolbar or from the
Controls Toolbox. In the example in the website, I used a combo box from the
Forms toolbar, but it seems you used one from the Controls Toolbox. The
controls work in a similar fashion, but there are subtle differences which
may be leading to your difficulties. For one, the Forms ComboBox's linked
cell contains the index of the selected item, while the Controls Toolbox
ComboBox's linked cell contains the actual text label of the selected item.
This by itself could be interfering with the dynamic ranges. Try the same
procedure with the Forms toolbar ComboBox.

- Jon
-------

"Raymond Willis" wrote:

A B C D E F
1 Ray 1 3 5 7 9 11
2 Maureen 2 4 6 8 10 12
3 Sharon 3 5 7 9 11 13
4 Tim 4 6 8 10 12 14
5 Katie 5 7 9 11 13 15
6 Carl 6 8 10 12 14 16
The above table shows a set of made up data. I would like to be able to
automate the data I select to chart. Each time i do make a chart it
should
plot the top row as the x axis and then the relevant data for the
particular
person. ie 3,5,7,9,11,13 for Sharon. Can anyone suggest how this may be
done
by perhaps using a combo box or some other means . Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
chips

Thanks again. A great service.