Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Alexis

Default percentages in an excel pie chart

How do I manually enter percentages into an excel pie chart. I already have
the percentage values from a history project and now I need to enter them
into a pie chart for a visual.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Greg Wilson

You don't need to enter percentages. Just plot the data. Excel calculates the
percentages for each element relative to the sum of all data. Example:

A1 = 1 Pie chart returns: 2%
A2 = 5 Pie chart returns: 12%
A3 = 5 Pie chart returns: 12%
A4 = 5 Pie chart returns: 12%
A5 = 25 Pie chart returns: 62%

Note that Excel rounds the percentage values.

Regards,
Greg