-   -   percentages in an excel pie chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/58541-percentages-excel-pie-chart.html)

Alexis

percentages in an excel pie chart

How do I manually enter percentages into an excel pie chart. I already have
the percentage values from a history project and now I need to enter them
into a pie chart for a visual.

Greg Wilson

percentages in an excel pie chart

You don't need to enter percentages. Just plot the data. Excel calculates the
percentages for each element relative to the sum of all data. Example:

A1 = 1 Pie chart returns: 2%
A2 = 5 Pie chart returns: 12%
A3 = 5 Pie chart returns: 12%
A4 = 5 Pie chart returns: 12%
A5 = 25 Pie chart returns: 62%

Note that Excel rounds the percentage values.

Regards,
Greg