Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Robin G

Default Color points on Gantt

I have created a pseudo Gannt Chart which is a calendar of when these people
are out of the country.

The plot excludes the first column of data. Name is on the y axis and the
bar starts at Date and continues for 'remaining' days.
I would like to automatically color each datapoint by region.

Any ideas?

Region Name Date completed remaining
Africa Smith, John Oct-01 1,461
Africa Saglimbeni, Ken Jan-04 639
Eurasia Webby, Michelle Apr-05 208
Africa Krucker, Ben Dec-01 1,461 Asia Pacific
McClure, Emily Apr-05 269
Asia North Spears, Susan Aug-03 878
Latin America Speer, Cathy Jan-04 721
Asia Pacific Clauser, Jeff May-04 699

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Use the conditional charting example on my web site:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nalChart1.html

Make a column for each region, and set the formulas so the value in each
column is zero (not NA() for a stacked bar chart) or the number of days
remaining. Use the Date and the regional columns for the stacked bar data.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services