becca26387

Default Extending a trendline to the y axis

I am using Excel 2003 and have produced an xy graph giving a positive
correlation. I added a linear trendline to the chart, and want to extend the
trendline back to the y axis, but am unsure how to do so. Any help
appreciated :)
Bernard Liengme

Double click the trendline, open the Options tab and set an appropriate
value in the Backward box
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"becca26387" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2003 and have produced an xy graph giving a positive
correlation. I added a linear trendline to the chart, and want to extend
the
trendline back to the y axis, but am unsure how to do so. Any help
appreciated :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I was wondering the same thing as Becca, and ran into a problem with your
solution. I've got my trendline set as a running average. Because of this,
the backward box is not accessible to be edited. Any help you could offer
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Double click the trendline, open the Options tab and set an appropriate
value in the Backward box
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
remove caps from email

"becca26387" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2003 and have produced an xy graph giving a positive
correlation. I added a linear trendline to the chart, and want to extend
the
trendline back to the y axis, but am unsure how to do so. Any help
appreciated :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The Backwards feature is not available (nor is it appropriate) with a moving
average trendline.
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme