rgraham1

Default button grayed out for Charting

I am trying to use the Chart Wizard or the Chart Toolbar to create a chart.
However, both are greyed out.

Any idea why or what I should do to fix this?

thanks,

Ron

Andy Pope

Usual suspects are protected workbook or worksheet. Shared workbook.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
rgraham1

Thanks for the fast reply Andy.

I've checked in the Tools Command under Protection and Shared, but see
nothing to indicate any restrictions. Could you offer any specifics?

You should know that this spreadsheet has a history of being created by me
on my Windows computer first. Being emailed around to a half dozen people in
my Group. I have copyed and pasted the updated data from those 6 people that
emailed me their updated spreadsheets. I now have one spreadsheet with all
of the data they have emailed to me combined into one spreadsheet.

It's this final spreadsheet that I am now not able to create the Charts with.

Does that help?

thanks again,

Ron

rgraham1 wrote:
I am trying to use the Chart Wizard or the Chart Toolbar to create a chart.
However, both are greyed out.

Any idea why or what I should do to fix this?

thanks,

Ron

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

rgraham1

I wasn't able to determine the cause of the "graying out" situation, so I
just created a new worksheet and copied and pasted the data into it. Not
eligent but it worked.

thanks for the good suggestions,

Ron

--