Brisbane Rob

Default Charting a full year without zeros

Help! I want to chart results for the coming year where the data feeds
in month-by-month. The problem is that the chart pluges to zero for the
future months. How do I terminate the data at the current point (January
to September) without having to reset the data ranges every month?

Thanks

--
Brisbane Rob
Brisbane Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25096

Jon Peltier

Rob -

Set up a dynamic chart, using dynamic ranges that count the number of
values and resize to thatnumber. Examples and links:

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Brisbane Rob wrote:
Help! I want to chart results for the coming year where the data feeds
in month-by-month. The problem is that the chart pluges to zero for the
future months. How do I terminate the data at the current point (January
to September) without having to reset the data ranges every month?

Thanks

Bernard Liengme

As an alternative to Jon's idea:
In the cell where you have no data enter =NA(). These will display as #N/A
You category axis will show all the months of the year
As new data becomes available, overtype the N/A in the cell.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Brisbane Rob"
wrote in message
news:Brisbane.Rob.1vu3ua_1127516708.2377@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Help! I want to chart results for the coming year where the data feeds
in month-by-month. The problem is that the chart pluges to zero for the
future months. How do I terminate the data at the current point (January
to September) without having to reset the data ranges every month?

Thanks

--
Brisbane Rob
Brisbane Rob's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=470385

Brisbane Rob

Thanks - dynamic ranges sort out the problem