Lizzi

Default bar chart with multiple legends?

Hello!

I would like to create a bar graph (in Excel or PP) that contains multiple
groups of information. For example, on one graph, a group of bars of "gender"
with bars of male and female, then a group of bars of "race" with bars of
black, white, Hispanic, then a group of bars of "education" with <HS, HS,
HS+, etc.

Right now I can create the different groups, but the legend remains
constant, so my "race" group has bars of male and female!

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Barb Reinhardt

How about data in the following format:

M data in end column
INTENTIONAL BLANK ROW
Black data in 3rd column
White
Blue
Green
Polka dot
INTENTIONAL BLANK ROW
< HS data in 4th column
HS
Some College
College

Then create a column chart for it.

Is that what you are looking for?

"Lizzi" wrote in message
Hello!

I would like to create a bar graph (in Excel or PP) that contains multiple
groups of information. For example, on one graph, a group of bars of

"gender"
with bars of male and female, then a group of bars of "race" with bars of
black, white, Hispanic, then a group of bars of "education" with <HS, HS,
HS+, etc.

Right now I can create the different groups, but the legend remains
constant, so my "race" group has bars of male and female!

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

John Mansfield

Lizzi,

If your chart is set up just like you want it to be and the only problem is
the legend, you might consider setting up a legend via the use of a picture
of worksheet cells. You delete the original legend, copy a preformatted
group of worksheet cells set up to look like the legend you want as a
picture, and then paste that picture into your chart.

The process is further described the process he

http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce..._from_picture/

----
Regards,
John Mansfield