Byron

Default How do I plot data on a map in excel

I am using Microsoft office standard 2003. I wish to plot information on a
local area map within the Clapham Park area, SW2.
Andy Pope

There is no built-in functionality for this. You would need a dedicated
Mapping program with UK based information.

You can however simulate the chart. If you have an image of the map you
could use that as the plotarea pattern. You could then use a xy-scatter
graph to plot information over the map. You would have to determine the
coordinates by trial and error.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Andy Pope

Hi Jon,

I'm sure it does but I'm *#!* if I can get to it via the MS site. I
always end up back at the USA version.

A very quick web search would suggest that a copy of MapPoint,in the UK,
is in the region of £150.

I'm sure if Byron needs further assistance he will post back.

Cheers
Andy

Jon Peltier wrote:
Doesn't MapPoint have a module for Europe? I don't know if it gets down
to the resolution Byron needs, and it's up to him whether he wants to
purchase MapPoint at USD200.

Hi,