Old September 20th 12, 04:52 PM
CNW CNW is offline
Junior Member

Default Please Help!!!! Need help with formula.

I have blank cells that I replaced with "-". I have a formula using those cells, but it gives me #VALUE! INSTEAD OF "-". How do I get the formula to recognize "-" as zero? Thanks in advance for any help!

Old September 21st 12, 07:11 AM
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNW View Post
I have blank cells that I replaced with "-". I have a formula using those cells, but it gives me #VALUE! INSTEAD OF "-". How do I get the formula to recognize "-" as zero? Thanks in advance for any help!
Could you show us the formula you have so far?
Old September 25th 12, 02:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Insert if statement to look at cell. ---if(cell='-',0,cell)
Old September 25th 12, 02:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Insert if statement into equation to check for dash.
If(cell='-', 0,cell)
Old January 17th 15, 05:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

--
CNW

if(cell="-",0,cell)

Old January 17th 15, 08:27 PM
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
On Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 10:52:32 AM UTC-5, CNW wrote:
I have blank cells that I replaced with "-". I have a formula using
those cells, but it gives me #VALUE! INSTEAD OF "-". How do I get the
formula to recognize "-" as zero? Thanks in advance for any help!

--
CNW

if(cell="-",0,cell)
Why on Earth are you replying to a thread that's over 2 years old with a solution that's already been given twice (2 years ago!)??????