-   -   Please Help!!!! Need help with formula. (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/447175-please-help-need-help-formula.html)

CNW

Please Help!!!! Need help with formula.

I have blank cells that I replaced with "-". I have a formula using those cells, but it gives me #VALUE! INSTEAD OF "-". How do I get the formula to recognize "-" as zero? Thanks in advance for any help!

Spencer101

Quote:

Originally Posted by CNW (Post 1605698)
I have blank cells that I replaced with "-". I have a formula using those cells, but it gives me #VALUE! INSTEAD OF "-". How do I get the formula to recognize "-" as zero? Thanks in advance for any help!

Could you show us the formula you have so far?

[email protected]

Please Help!!!! Need help with formula.

Insert if statement to look at cell. ---if(cell='-',0,cell)

[email protected]

Please Help!!!! Need help with formula.

Insert if statement into equation to check for dash.
If(cell='-', 0,cell)

[email protected]

--
CNW

if(cell="-",0,cell)

Spencer101

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Post 1619845)
On Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 10:52:32 AM UTC-5, CNW wrote:
I have blank cells that I replaced with "-". I have a formula using
those cells, but it gives me #VALUE! INSTEAD OF "-". How do I get the
formula to recognize "-" as zero? Thanks in advance for any help!

--
CNW

if(cell="-",0,cell)

Why on Earth are you replying to a thread that's over 2 years old with a solution that's already been given twice (2 years ago!)??????